Tasks that are Easy Enough for newcoming programmers
(06-22-2013, 04:45 PM)xoft Wrote: I meant, how did you come up with the 1.5 and 0.6 blocks distances for collecting, did you test that on a vanilla server, or is it just a guess?

Measuring is always an approximation only, the exact numbers can be found only in the client sourcecode, if you manage to get MCP working Smile

I tested a bunch of cases in both vanilla and MCServer, and found those values to work an give correct behavior in all of the cases I managed to come up with. Of course if anyone finds the exact range in the MC source, that helps too, but at least my new ranges are more exact that what's already in place.

Since you mentioned it, I got MCP and browsed through the MC source. Unfortunately, the only thing I found so far is that being Notch gives you a red apple or something for killing any mob.
Thanks given by:
Added >>remember "player-is-flying"<<
Thanks given by:
Added a more challenging task - ender chests
Thanks given by:
I am no programmer, but the ender chest task seems to me easy. I mean, isn't it like a special inventory that only opens when you click the chest? So the ender chest is a combination of the inventory and the chest. The contents of the ender chest would be saved to the player's data and that's it.
Thanks given by:
"saved to the player's data" is the challenging bit. It means adding to half a dozen functions in cPlayer, adding Lua API to the ender chest inventory, etc.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 12:23 AM)xoft Wrote: "saved to the player's data" is the challenging bit. It means adding to half a dozen functions in cPlayer, adding Lua API to the ender chest inventory, etc.

Oh, I see.
Thanks given by:
Added Pumpkin face metadata
Thanks given by:
Added Issue tracker tasks.
I'd appreciate, though, if people didn't set that label on their own, categorizing tasks as easy isn't an easy task, it's easily mis-estimated.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I just added a few so people saw the tag - you see if there are any other easy ones that need it, or the ones I chose are hard.
Thanks given by:
Hmm It seems like I implented
Quote:Remember "player-is-flying"
And if I remember correctly tigerw implented the enderchest.
Also do vines not grow already?

tigerw also implented "Pumpkin face metadata"
Thanks given by: