MC-Server on Raspberry Pi
I too think the runtime failure is caused by that. But I have no idea why the release mode doesn't link. If you do a "make clean release=1", then "make release=1", does it fix things? Sometimes the intermediate compiled files get corrupted and then the toolchain might fail.
Thanks given by:
No, it's the other way around.
make release=1 compiles just fine. A pure make gives that error.

Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding things. Undecided
Thanks given by:
oh, sorry, I misread that. Anyway, my point is to first clean up and then rebuild the entire thing. So "make clean", then "make".
I think I've fixed the crash issue in rev 1079, so getting fresh sources would be a good idea Smile
Thanks given by:
Now it compiled just fine. And the server stopped crashing.
Great work. Thanks alot.

One question: Where do i post bugs/problems? Direct to the Bugtracker or is a first note in this thread better?

Greetings
Thanks given by:
I think the bugtracker is the best place. But try to search first if the bug is not already reported there.
Thanks given by:
Short question:

anyone experience the following error:

-unable to connect if server restarted with 'restart' command

-digging up snowballs with a shovel let the client crash

Greetings.
Thanks given by:
I'm hearing those for the first time. Please put them into the bug tracker ( http://www.mc-server.org/support ) so that they aren't forgotten buried down in a forum thread. If you can try on a regular PC, too, to verify whether these are Pi's failures or generic problems, that would be great.
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2012, 10:23 PM)gandl Wrote: Short question:

anyone experience the following error:

-unable to connect if server restarted with 'restart' command

-digging up snowballs with a shovel let the client crash

Greetings.

I'm unable to recreate this bugs.
Restart command works for me and breaking snow with a shovel drops a few snowballs.
I was testing on Windows, so It's probably a Raspberry Pi issue.
Thanks given by:
I wonder, then, if ProtoProxy could be compiled and run on the Pi, alongside MCServer. That could simplify hunting the snowballs issue. Can you try? (there's no makefile, you need to write one for all the cpp files in the ProtoProxy folder; but they may be slightly linux-incompatible, since they haven't been tested on anything else than windows)
Thanks given by:
I did some more testing. The crash while digging up snowballs only comes up when using a wooden shovel.
Thanks given by: