MC-Server on Raspberry Pi
(12-19-2012, 11:27 PM)gandl Wrote: I did some more testing. The crash while digging up snowballs only comes up when using a wooden shovel.

Oh. It's crashing on Windows too.

EDIT: Bug should be fixed in r1081. Wink
Thanks given by:
How exactly was it fixed? That commit contains too much other stuff and I can't see the fix.
(On a related note - please try to avoid such multi-purpose commits in the future. It's difficult to decipher later, especially when using svn blame)
Thanks given by:
Quote:How exactly was it fixed? That commit contains too much other stuff and I can't see the fix.
Sometimes the client sends a digging status 2 when blocks are already removed, so I've made a check in ClientHandle.cpp, line 581 to avoid dropping non-existent block.
Quote:(On a related note - please try to avoid such multi-purpose commits in the future. It's difficult to decipher later, especially when using svn blame)
Ok, no problem.
Thanks given by:
Quick Question:

Is it normal that all mobs spawning are facing the same direction and don't move apart from slightly jumping up and down?

Greetings.
Thanks given by:
No :p
Thanks given by:
Ok. I'll go and check how i can reproduce that behavior.
To be honest, this is kind of creepy:

[Image: creepy89uj5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think MCServer doesn't properly use the Head direction packets, so it is possible that mobs are facing all the same way, even when their bodies are rotated otherwise. Or vice versa, who knows.
Thanks given by:
I did this:

sudo apt-get install subversion
mkdir MCServer
cd MCServer
svn checkout https://mc-server.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
cd trunk
make release=1
cd MCServer
./MCServer

and I have all running, I configured to have the server on survival but something strange happens with the animals and mobs, they are not moving, they just keep jumping in the same place. Somebody has experienced this issue?

should I compile another version instead?

Thank you for your support, This is a great community, we are pioneers here
Thanks given by:
That's pretty much everything the mobs do right now, the AI is dumb. And I mean very dumb Wink
Thanks given by:
ok, so at this point that´s a normal behavior from them? ok I got it, thank you !
Thanks given by: