Working on Portals, related questions
Yep for some reason MCS kicks me out when I try to join with a mod - even REI's minimap with Unknown Packet Error. (It works on normal SMP)
Thanks given by:
If you're using 1.3.2, the protocol is still unstable and this is the exact reason we haven't announced 1.3.2 compatibility yet. And "unknown packet" is exactly the error it usually gives. Besides crashing the client.

If you're using 1.2.5 with mods, the mods may try to communicate with something on the server using and unknown packet. MCServer doesn't support that packet yet, although the official server might. See the docs here: http://wiki.vg/Protocol#0xFA

We will support that packet, eventually, but priorities first. 1.3.2 needs to get stable before we do any other stuff.
Thanks given by:
Quote:If you're using 1.2.5 with mods
I'll check my .jar but chances are I'm using clean 1.2.5 .jar
Thanks given by:
Yep, clean 1.2.5 .jar, and I still get this bug(
Thanks given by:
Could you try with rev 839? It seems it has fixed both 1.3.2 and 1.2.5, and it is actually a new release candidate Smile
Thanks given by:
Quote:Could you try with rev 839?
Still there... I have no idea, whyBig Grin

Would you mind looking at OnBlockPlace hook? Because it seems to me that it's responsible for weird behaviour.

Also, I got a "User not premium" error at 1.3.2 .jar Smile Authentication was set to 0 in settings.ini
Thanks given by:
Now i'm a bit lost. What bug are we talking about now?
There are two issues - a "deadlock" that happens when using a command, and a general incompatibility with 1.3.2, manifesting as a "bad packet id".
Rev 839 should have the general 1.3.2 compatibility fixed; I haven't done anything about that deadlock yet.

And "user not premium" is completely new to me, never seen that. What exactly happens? Does the client misbehave somehow?
Thanks given by:
Quote:And "user not premium" is completely new to me, never seen that. What exactly happens? Does the client misbehave somehow?
No client misbehaviour. I just did full update to 1.3.2 and tried to connect to r839 server. I can't, and I get this error.

I was talking about "chat deadlock", which happens when I use "/ptoggle" command and then rightclick anything.
No "bad packet" error, however.
Thanks given by:
I have tried the /ptoggle issue with a 1.2.5 client, and I confirm the weird behavior. Even worse, after moving away for several chunks in the client I got a packet mismatch.

This will be a tricky issue to solve.
Went smoother than I expected - there was a problem with parsing rightclick packets with tools. Should be fixed in rev 842. Nightbuild will be available momentarily.

As for the "user not premium" error, no idea about that, I'd try restarting the client.
Thanks given by:
As for "user not premium", probably that's the case:
Quote:Server string in EncryptionKeyRequest packet should be "-" instead of "MCServer" when authorization is disabled. That should allow cracked clients to connect without asking main servers us to play in lan without internet connection.
(https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.ph...55#pid4455)
Thanks given by: