Official release
7z is becoming the de-facto standard, too, most opensource projects distribute 7z archives, too. And I was too lazy to actually recompress the package that my nightbuild has builtBig Grin
Thanks given by:
That might be but if you want to distribute to Windows you should stick with zip, really. Windows opens zip files by default without installing WinRAR or 7zip. If you want to get as many people to try out MCServer it should be made as easy as possible, starting with the packaging.
Thanks given by:
Feel free to repackage it Smile I don't think I even have any software capable of making a zip package.
If we wanted to be really all-masses, we should make an installer. I know my way about InnoSetup, could do that, some day.
Thanks given by:
Well, I guess I'll have to make another release anyway, because in rev 1023 a bug slipped in that crashes the server within minutes of players connecting. Didn't test long enough to notice it at that time Sad It has been fixed in rev 1029.
Thanks given by:
I just did a new release of 1030
Thanks given by:
You did just the binary release, and forgot to release the PDB files. Now if someone sends a crashdump from that version, we won't have the necessary files to debug it.
Thanks given by:
Do I need to upload the Release PDBs for that?
Thanks given by:
The PDBs that were created for the exe you uploaded. Just like the nightbuilds that are on my server; those even include the Bindings.cpp and Bindings.h, because the nightbuild script updates them each time before building.
Thanks given by: