Login
Login is a security plugin for Cuberite. It requires a player to log in before they can do any action on the server. This way people can't login on the account of an admin or moderator. This would be particuarly useful for servers that don't use the traditional Minecraft authentication.

Configuration
If a configuration file doesn't exist yet Login will create one with the default settings. Currently there are 2 things you can configurate
  • Storage: This can be "sqlite" (default). If choosen for sqlite the plugin will save everything in an sqlite database.

• LoginMessageTime: This is the time in ticks (50 msec) between an "You have to login" message.

Commands

General
  • /changepass - Change your password
    Permission required: login.changepass

/login - Login into the server
    Permission required: login.login

/register - Register an account
    Permission required: login.register

/removeacc - Remove an account from the database
    Permission required: login.removeacc

Permissions
  • - login.changepass - Allows a player to change his password.
    • Commands affected:
      - /changepass
    • Recommended groups: Default
    - login.login - Allows a player to log in
    • Commands affected:
      - /login
    - login.register - Allows a player to create an account for himself.
    • Commands affected:
      - /register
    - login.removeacc - Allows a player to remove an account
    • Commands affected:
      - /removeacc
    • Recommended groups: Admins
Source: here
Download: here
Thanks given by:
Might be worth noting the minimum server revision on which the plugin works, especially if it's only the latest one Smile

Also, if the player enters bad password 3 times, is he just kicked, or is his name / IP banned? That would be a reasonable course of action.
Thanks given by:
(02-22-2013, 01:55 AM)xoft Wrote: Might be worth noting the minimum server revision on which the plugin works, especially if it's only the latest one Smile
done Smile thanks for pointing that out Wink
Quote:Also, if the player enters bad password 3 times, is he just kicked, or is his name / IP banned? That would be a reasonable course of action.
the player gets kicked. i thought about ban or ip ban but i was too lazy to implement that ;P
Thanks given by:
Tempban, maybe calling the core functions with your own paramaters?
Thanks given by:
i tried calling my BanIP plugin and it didn't work so i have to look a bit better in this page: https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=579
Thanks given by:
Does this plugin replace tAuthentication?
Thanks given by:
i think so. but if someone prefers tAuthentication he can still use that. I found a few bugs in this plugin so i'm currently fixing those.
Thanks given by:
OK, can you put it on github so it is easier for me to contribute?
Thanks given by:
https://github.com/STRWarrior/Login
Thanks given by:
Thanks Smile

I get this error: LUA: Plugins/Login/main.lua:217: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) when I try to register. Is this a known bug?
Thanks given by: