New AI for Mobs
I would guess that it's caused by rounding errors between the float position / speed and integer block coords for NextBlock. Though it's only a wild guess.
Thanks given by:
Figured it out. I needed to subtract 1 more from the x and z coords for the next block.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to fix diagonal movement and I can start implementing my pathfinding.

Got it! On to pathfinding.

Out of curiosity, is there anything specific that anyone would like to see improved in the AI?
Thanks given by:
I'd like cows and sheeps follow you when holding wheat and you could ride pigs and horsesTongue, but that is very difficult. Also, brewing would be good, but I think it's not related to AI
Thanks given by:
That isn't realy difficult. Just look at the wolf Smile
Thanks given by:
I know. What I think it could be difficult is to make horses and pigs ride-able
Thanks given by:
Well, I was actually thinking about things above and beyond Vanilla, but I think having a list of things that they need to be able to do would be wise as well.

For instance, I'm going to make sure the squids are not so derpy and swim correctly.
I also want to make the villagers a little better, but I wanted to run that by someone first.
Thanks given by:
I think better-than-vanilla AI is great, as long as it doesn't eat too much performance.
Thanks given by:
With actual AI mobs are more inteligent than vanillaTongue. Creepers don't explode because they don't want to die. Animals dont follow you you because they know you're going to feed them and kill them later and wolfs dont attack otger mobs/player because they know they will die.

I think AI could be better than vanilla. Maybe, if your near a sheep and you're holding shears ot a sword, it could see you and start running away to scape from you.
Thanks given by:
Wooo!!!! I got a working A* algorithm going!
Thanks given by:
Niiiice! Smile
Thanks given by: