Can excessive lava flow cause crash?
After some hours my server was not online.
I watched the console, and a line saying "MCServer has crashed" was not there.
And I was inside the MCServer directory.
Then I started the server again, and I saw lava everywhere I've see, someone stupid did it. I will ban him.
But, can excesive lava flow cause server crash?
And lag?

Thank you

EDIT: SOLVED thanks to xoft
Thanks given by:
It can cause lag, but it shouldn't crash MCServer. It could be it just ran out of memory and stopped. Banning the person that did it is sensible. I'll see about getting SpawnProtect to work with fluids and fire too.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 05:00 PM)bearbin Wrote: It can cause lag, but it shouldn't crash MCServer. It could be it just ran out of memory and stopped. Banning the person that did it is sensible. I'll see about getting SpawnProtect to work with fluids and fire too.
Please, if you can, make the plugin protect all world from lava and fire.
Does lava flow use more memory?
Thanks given by:
Yes. Lava and water use memory, not much, but it can accumulate. I doubt it would cause a server to run out of memory, though, a person is just not capable of that. When chunks generate, they have much more water and lava than a person can possibly place, and the server survives that.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 05:17 PM)xoft Wrote: Yes. Lava and water use memory, not much, but it can accumulate. I doubt it would cause a server to run out of memory, though, a person is just not capable of that. When chunks generate, they have much more water and lava than a person can possibly place, and the server survives that.
Before the crash, there were many "WARNING: cTracer: Start and end in same block" error messages.
Is there any way to disable lava?
Thanks given by:
The cTracer warnings are nothing serious.
You can disable lava and water simulators, meaning that lava and water will not spread at all. This can be done in world.ini, [Physics].WaterSimulator and .LavaSimulator (set to "noop")
Thanks given by:
I created an plugin that blocks players placing lava and fire. I'm at school right now but if you want i could send it to you.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 08:59 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: I created an plugin that blocks players placing lava and fire. I'm at school right now but if you want i could send it to you.
When you finish school please send me the plugin.
Thank you very much.
Thanks given by:
i send it to you but it is still in Beta stage since return true when placing a bucket of lava using OnPlayerUsingItems creates a client-side lava source block.
Thanks given by: