SkyBlock v3
(02-18-2017, 06:54 AM)Seadragon91 Wrote: The file name is strange, it should be (default) "SkyBlock.lua", but that shouldn't be a problem. Can you post the first line of the file "._SkyBlock.lua"?

Its just a bunch of random characters. Not letters.
Thanks given by:
I never saw on my side that lua would generate another file. There should be then two files: SkyBlock.lua and ._SkyBlock.lua. Can you remove the file ._SkyBlock.lua and try it again?
If the problem then still exists, then I have currently no idea anymore,
Thanks given by:
(02-18-2017, 07:25 AM)Seadragon91 Wrote: I never saw on my side that lua would generate another file. There should be then two files: SkyBlock.lua and ._SkyBlock.lua. Can you remove the file ._SkyBlock.lua and try it again?
If the problem then still exists, then I have currently no idea anymore,

Now i'm getting a whole bunch of other problems, in webadmin I get this message next to the plugin Cannot call the Initialize() function.  and also on startup I get 

[21:30:46] LUA: Plugins/SkyBlock/code/._CreateIsland.lua:1: unexpected symbol
[21:30:46] Stack trace:
[21:30:46]   [C](-1): dofile
[21:30:46]   Plugins/SkyBlock/SkyBlock.lua(208): LoadLuaFiles
[21:30:46]   Plugins/SkyBlock/SkyBlock.lua(44): (no name)
[21:30:46] Stack trace end
[21:30:46] Error in plugin SkyBlock calling function Initialize()
[21:30:46] Error in plugin SkyBlock: Cannot call the Initialize() function. Plugin is temporarily disabled.
Thanks given by:
Okay somehow there has been generated for every lua file in the folder another file that starts with ._
I would suggest remove the whole folder SkyBlock and add it again. In a clean one shouldn't be any files that starts with ._

Edit:
The only idea I currently have is, that lua maybe generates a temporary byte code file.
Thanks given by:
(02-18-2017, 07:37 AM)Seadragon91 Wrote: Okay somehow there has been generated for every lua file in the folder another file that starts with ._
I would suggest remove the whole folder SkyBlock and add it again. In a clean one shouldn't be any files that starts with ._

Edit:
The only idea I currently have is, that lua maybe generates a temporary byte code file.

I removed every file in the plugin that starts with ._ and that fixed the problem everything is working. Thanks to everyone that helped.
Thanks given by:
Okay nice.  Smile
Thanks given by:
@yoboykai are you on a Mac? Because I've seen MacOS / OSX or whatever they call it nowadays create extra hidden files to keep the custom metadata for the original files; this might be the reason.
Thanks given by:
(02-18-2017, 08:26 AM)xoft Wrote: @yoboykai are you on a Mac? Because I've seen MacOS / OSX or whatever they call it nowadays create extra hidden files to keep the custom metadata for the original files; this might be the reason.

Yes, I use a mac.
Thanks given by:
If I wanted to change the command names for this plugin would I just go into the plugin and change the names or is there a way to make aliases for the commands.
Thanks given by:
Changing the command names in Info.lua is the easiest way. Anything else currently keeps the old names.

There's the Aliases plugin that lets you define any alias for anything, but only on a per-player basis (each player defines their own aliases): https://github.com/madmaxoft/Aliases
Thanks given by: