Move to GitHub
If everything transfers over well, could we think about moving Core and the plugins to a seperate repo? Git Subtree seems quite nice for this.
Thanks given by:
Is there any particular advantage to that?

The build system expects to have the plugins, so it would make packaging after building a bit difficult; also, committing would probably be impossible because afaik git repo cannot have another repo as a subtree. Or am I wrong here? I have no idea about Git Subtree, got any technical overviews / in-detail reviews?
Thanks given by:
The point of subtree is to have another repo inside the current one, and updating it is as easy as git subtree update then commit or something. I think it's good because it might allow easier issue tracking and collab, but it's completely optional and we don't need to worry about it atm.
Thanks given by:
Alright, I'd like to hear from more developers, if they agree on the move - if they know how to work with git and are willing to switch. I'll send the recent people a PM asking them to write here.
Thanks given by:
I don't realy have a problem with changing. If nobody has a problem with switching then I say "Go".
Thanks given by:
I've dumped the source on github, if you could tell me your github name i'll add you as an owner STR.
Thanks given by:
I think it was STRWarrior Wink
Thanks given by:
Done Smile
Thanks given by:
Isn't it a bit too early to dump the sources? We're not moving away from svn until all devs and especially FakeTruth agree, and there are gonna be commits in that time

Also, you'll need to change my authorname to my github username for this to work
Thanks given by:
Git hmm? Git is some weird shit! HA that rhymes!Tongue
Anyway I once or twice tried to "clone" (I think that's what it's called) a Git repo on my PC and it was not very straightforward at all. I really don't understand how Git works.

If everybody wants to switch to Git, sure. I also read here you can still use SVN? I hope that's true.

My Git username is FakeTruth

So what's the deal with all these copies of MCServer on GitHub? I can find several projects that are simply an (old) version of MCServer... Undecided
Thanks given by: