Redstone Simulator Rewrite
tiger, what type of redstone clock did you make to test repeaters? I tried with some different redstone clocks and it didn't worked.
Thanks given by:
Found a bug: [Image: 5JkJP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Photo 
Repeater clocks?Tongue So:

To STR: yes, that is certainly a bug. Will fix soon.

Another bug: two pistons can extend at the same time, causing weird behaviour.

I see that STR has come on my server! The IP will change soon for faster speed.

To xoft: is it possible that when loading the chunks into memory, it could insert all redstone blocks into the redstone simulator's per-chunk data?

Temporary ip: 5.175.171.128
Thanks given by:
Everything is possible, the real question is the performance hit it would incur. I think it should be doable. Just hack around cWorld::SetChunkData(), that one is called when the chunk is generated or loaded.
Thanks given by:
Just wondering, if a chunk has active redstone, will it check the surrounding chunks if it also has redstone ?
So it will auto load that chunk as well until it has stopped finding redstone ?
Just for some.. bigger redstone projects that people might be creating in the future. Would suck if a part of it is in a chunk thats not loaded as it could fail the whole project.
Though i am not sure how vanilla does it.
Thanks given by:
As far as I know, vanilla won't load chunks to find redstone devices. Xoft, does UnboundedRel load chunks?
Thanks given by:
Vanilla doesn't load chunks, and neither will our UnboundedRel. Big redstone project do happen to fail once the chunks are unloaded, especially if they're not unloaded on the same tick.
Thanks given by:
"Monostable circuit doesn't work"
Oh yes it does (note the piston extending):

"Piston extender doesn't work"
Yes it does:

Perhaps just temporary glitches?
Thanks given by:
(12-13-2013, 10:19 AM)tigerw Wrote: "Piston extender doesn't work"
Yes it does:

Read the signs I said it looked awesome how the pistons extend. Smile

A bug I did notice though is that a button doesn't 'unpress' client-side.

(12-13-2013, 10:19 AM)tigerw Wrote: "Monostable circuit doesn't work"
Oh yes it does (note the piston extending):

Perhaps just temporary glitches?

Yes sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Thanks given by:
Aha! Redstone wire performs sub-optimally near chunk boundaries, causing mechanisms to fail to correctly function.

How is it that Linux/MCServer consistently responds faster on a port that is software-redirected to another (say, redirect 80 to 25565) than the original port (25565)? Surely the software would increase latency, not decrease it?

It seems something strange is happening in the saving/loading process of blocks near chunks. Freshly placed wire/repeaters perform perfectly, as expected. However, a reload introduces strange behaviour. This isn't related to the recent load-redstone-on-chunk-load changes.
Thanks given by: