Expanding & Overviewing the map
Are there any tools or commands to force the server to generate a region of the map?

Also, has anyone started converting the "Minecraft Overviewer" to read the new format of the chunk files?

Pat
Thanks given by:
I believe your first thing is a feature of the ChunkWorx plugin.

I beleive MC Overviewer already supports new format maps, and you can use that for maps.
Thanks given by:
I just tried MC Overviewer and it failed to render. I'll download the latest version and try again.

BTW, I'm using default storage ... not anvil.
Thanks given by:
Default storage for MCServer is anvil AFAIK. Do you mean that you've changed it so it's not anvil?
Thanks given by:
If you have "Default" or "Anvil" for storage then it uses "Anvil". If you put in "Forgetfull" it doesn't save anything, and I think the "Fast" scheme was removed some time ago, so he's probably using the Anvil format.
Thanks given by:
The server currently only has two storage schemas - Anvil and Forgetful. If you don't set one explicitly, set Default or an unknown schema, Anvil will be used.

There is a slight possibility that our Anvil files are incompatible with some tools. I've run into some problems (files not aligned to 4KiB) when using Minutor with MCS worlds; but I think I've fixed those in the meantime. Is that MC Overviewer open-source? Can it be debugged to find the problem?
Thanks given by:
(11-27-2014, 07:36 PM)xoft Wrote: The server currently only has two storage schemas - Anvil and Forgetful. If you don't set one explicitly, set Default or an unknown schema, Anvil will be used.

There is a slight possibility that our Anvil files are incompatible with some tools. I've run into some problems (files not aligned to 4KiB) when using Minutor with MCS worlds; but I think I've fixed those in the meantime. Is that MC Overviewer open-source? Can it be debugged to find the problem?

It's written in python and c, here's the link to the source code
https://github.com/overviewer/Minecraft-Overviewer
Thanks given by:
Looks like I'm using anvil. I will debug.
Thanks given by:
I've tried stepping through the python code, but ran out of time, haven't found the problem yet.
Thanks given by:
The error is 'foo' was requested for render, but no chunks found. Where 'foo' is a any one (all) of the files in the region folder of the world.
Thanks given by: