Map Conversion
Why not by default not generate or supply coords in world.ini and only use them if specified manually there by the user.
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2015, 05:05 AM)bearbin Wrote: Why not by default not generate or supply coords in world.ini and only use them if specified manually there by the user.

Maybe. But that dosen't really fix the issue, it kind of makes things worse...
Thanks given by:
I don't think that such coordinates should be set by hand. Isn't there a setspawn command?
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2015, 05:13 AM)pikachu784 Wrote:
(02-19-2015, 05:05 AM)bearbin Wrote: Why not by default not generate or supply coords in world.ini and only use them if specified manually there by the user.

Maybe. But that dosen't really fix the issue, it kind of makes things worse...

How does it make the issue worse?
Thanks given by:
That is a no-go, if a world is entirely created by MCServer, the server *needs* to set the coords.
Thanks given by:
What I mean is this.

If a world is imported, the spawn coordinates for that world should be imported into the world.ini.

If a world is generated by MCServer, it should proceed to generate the coordinates for that world.

Currently, MCServer generates spawn coordinates for every world, imported or not, this causes problems and confusion and I think should be changed.
Thanks given by:
When MCServer first generates the spawn coordinates, could it not put them in the NBT data?
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2015, 07:47 AM)bearbin Wrote: When MCServer first generates the spawn coordinates, could it not put them in the NBT data?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean.
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2015, 07:27 AM)pikachu784 Wrote: If a world is imported, ...
If a world is generated by MCServer, ...

The problem is that MCServer cannot tell these two scenarios apart. There's no way of telling them apart - especially if you take into account admins experimenting with the world.ini settings and deleting the region files in between server runs.
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2015, 04:40 PM)xoft Wrote:
(02-19-2015, 07:27 AM)pikachu784 Wrote: If a world is imported, ...
If a world is generated by MCServer, ...

The problem is that MCServer cannot tell these two scenarios apart. There's no way of telling them apart - especially if you take into account admins experimenting with the world.ini settings and deleting the region files in between server runs.

Well, OK, I guess I will just have to configure the files. Smile

Thanks for the advice!
Thanks given by: