MCServer is open source!
Hey it was no problemBig Grin While diffing your patch I saw you removed it and so I fixed it directly.
I meant the following:
cChunkMap* m_ChunkMap; in cWorld.h was removedBig Grin

And to your point that it´s better for downward compatiblity:

I think this is already covered by:
SetMaxPlayers(IniFile2.GetValueI("Server", "MaxPlayers", 9001));

Because if there is no key MaxPlayers it will use 9001.
I just changed the maxvalue inside the SetMaxPlayers function Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah right, good job. I coded all of this early this morning when I had stayed up because I was excited to be digging into it.

I don't think I actually deleted that pointer though, updating my svn to 101 didn't even mention it in the conflicts, I think all I did was remove 2 whitespace lines above it.

Thanks again.
Thanks given by:
Well maybe my tortoiseSVN failedBig Grin
In the patchfile there is really no delete command for this lineBig Grin

Then I´m sorry Smile

And btw: Happy Christmas Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks, merry xmas to you and the rest of the team and users.
Thanks given by:
Thanks, merry christmas to all of you too! Smile
Thanks given by:
I don't want to make a new thread so I'm going to post this here:

I'm not real clear on how all the packets work but I've noticed in wireshark opening and closing inventory is 2 similar packets but it doesn't seem they're handled anywhere? Would it be possible to give a patch/some code that handles this? The reason is because when you close inventory it's not calling the CInventory::~CInventory at all and this is needed for dropping dragging items when you close inventory.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
Well, when you close the inventory screen you don't have to destroy the entire inventory... you'd loose all your items every time you close the window =/
Thanks given by:
Yea I was thinking about that but there's still a call missing when it gets closed, seems like a small fix but I don't know how all the networking works ATM.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I also worked on a fix for this, because it is very annoying.
(I fixed the other ones with a very simple fix, but this doesn´t work for the InventoryBig Grin)
I think I will look into it when I have timeBig Grin (Maybe tonightBig Grin)
If you want to learn something about the packets http://mc.kev009.com/Protocol is a very very good starting point. There are nearly all packets documented Smile
Thanks given by:
I have another quick patch file, this has a couple of noteworthy changes.

http://pastebin.com/66ZSfi4d

MaxPlayers is sent with Login packet (but limited to 255 as the MP protocol uses a single byte for this part of the packet) and so long as your MaxPlayers is 64 or less (i think) the scoreboard will actually show up.

I also created a static enum in the cWindow header for the different windows that come up, this gets rid of the 0 1 2 etc values for setting the window type making it easier to add the other 3 types of special containers.

I also updated all the www.minecraft.net for authentication as the minecraft client/server as of 1.0.0 use session.minecraft.net

Also thanks to Lapayo for the Protocol page, it was most helpful to "complete" the maxplayers aspect and will be more helpful with lots of other things.
Thanks given by: