Mob status
Bug 
Last update: Monday, 10 October, 2016

Related thread: PathFinder status

This thread is an overview status of the artificial intelligence (AI). Below is a list of mobs and their features and missing features. For specific development issues, see the AI Github label. The mobs are constantly being improved and this list will be updated frequently. Note that this reflects the status of the Master branch.

Mobs in general
Works:
  • Can PathFind awesomely.
  • Water handling.
Todo:
  • Current: Refactor the mob code. See #3295.
  • Proper spawning density and location.
  • Burning mobs should actively seek shadows.
  • Sounds.
  • Proper attack animations.
  • Better knockback and physics.
  • Mob-to-mob interactions, such as creepers escaping from cats, etc.

Livestock (cows, chickens, pigs, sheep)
Works:
Man-sized melee aggressive monsters except Creeper (Zombies, etc)
Works:
  • Idling.
  • Chasing and attacking.
  • Light awareness, will stay in shadows if it's sunny.

Creeper
Works:
  • Idling.
  • Chasing.
  • Exploding.
Missing
  • Stalking.

Spider
Works:
  • Idling.
  • Chasing and attacking.
Missing:
  • Proper bounding box. Current spider width is 1 due to a physics engine problem.
  • Climbing.
  • Jumping.

Tamed Wolf
Works:
  • Following.
  • Sitting
  • Taming.
  • Fighting mobs.
  • Teleportation.
Missing:
  • Breeding.

Ocelot
Works:
  • Breeding.
Missing:
  • Taming.

Skeleton
Works:
  • Idling.
  • Chasing.
  • Shooting.
Missing:
  • Arrow knock-back.

The following mobs behave like generic zombies, even though they should have special traits:
  • Slime
  • Magma Cube
  • Ghast
  • Endermite
  • Silverfish

The following mobs are neutral unless attacked by a player, even though they should have special traits:
  • Iron Golem
  • Snowman

The following mobs are always agressive, even though they should have special traits:
  • Enderman

The following mobs have their pathfinder disabled, and they do not move:
  • Squid
  • Guardian

More mobs soon. In time, all of them will be listed.
Thanks given by:
Maybe add mob breeding to ToDo
And thanks for your nice work!
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2015, 07:30 PM)tonibm19 Wrote: Maybe add mob breeding to ToDo
And thanks for your nice work!

Definitely breeding!
Thanks given by:
If possible you could fix the knockback if a creeper explodes. Flying a few hundred blocks high, is a little to muchBig Grin

Edit: Okay, goes much further that problem, has something to with getting damage If I am in the air, then I will get knockback very far away.
Thanks given by:
MCServers knockback handling is very confused in places. If you are attacked by a mob or player the damage is knock back is applied in cEntity::DoTakeDamage. This method is also called by explosions, but the knock back handling is handled by cChunkMap::DoExplosionAt. I suspect the issue with damage in the air is that MCServer applies a flat upwards acceleration, not taking into account existing upwards velocity.
Thanks given by:
Update: The new AI and PathFinder branch has been merged and is now part of the official Cuberite server.
Thanks given by:
This is just amazing work!! The last time I tried having monsters enabled in addition to animals, was in January.

And ... I encountered way too many monsters.
And ... there were invisible creepers!

Nobody wants invisible creepers.

Is that manymonsters/invisiblecreepers thing fixed, too? Smile Though I am happy with waiting. Animal mobs are more important for the core survival experience (food source and all that). Wish they made all their normal in-game sounds. Only when they get hurt or die, they make noise, it seems. No chicken footsteps, no bock,bock,bock,bock,bock, begowwwwk, no moo cow. Wink Yet.
Thanks given by:
I added another item to the list. The heads of the mobs are jittering when they are looking in a different direction their path is going.
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2015, 02:27 AM)Jammet Wrote: This is just amazing work!! The last time I tried having monsters enabled in addition to animals, was in January.

And ... I encountered way too many monsters.
And ... there were invisible creepers!

Nobody wants invisible creepers.

Is that manymonsters/invisiblecreepers thing fixed, too? Smile Though I am happy with waiting. Animal mobs are more important for the core survival experience (food source and all that). Wish they made all their normal in-game sounds. Only when they get hurt or die, they make noise, it seems. No chicken footsteps, no bock,bock,bock,bock,bock, begowwwwk, no moo cow. Wink Yet.

I didn't tune spawn control, so I cannot say anything regarding "manymonsters".
I didn't encounter invisible creepers, tell me if you see them.
Sounds are a good idea later on Smile
Thanks given by:
LOL ^^. Please no, god no!

I might test that in a few months if I hear no more of it, I'm running a server that I don't want to fiddle around too much with, so players can go about their buisness undisturbed.
Thanks given by: