Information on MCServer
Doing what you propose would just add to the technical debt. 90% of what I'm doing is not adding command line parameters. Its adding a config system that suites what MCServer now is, as opposed to what it was when the current system was added. Once we have the infrastructure in place, then adding command line parameters will be trivial.

And that's before we get to the UX issues I described earlier. And the fact that if the system doesn't know something is overridden, we have no way of preventing changes in the webadmin.
Thanks given by:
Chaining iniFile's with the current interface is ridiculously complicated. I've had to rewrite FindKey three times, because I keep finding new edge ases which require storing new information about lookups.
Thanks given by:
GetNumValues is a challenge to implement.
Thanks given by:
Can't we use unordered_map's? Simply read all the arguments in the main function, put them in an unordered map, and pass it to the cRoot (where the settings are normaly read). In there it first looks if the item is present in the unordered map, and if not it takes if from the settings.ini.

Of course, I have little C++ knowledge, so I could be talking nonsense.
Thanks given by:
That would work technically but has other issues with design. I'm trying to follow the SRP, and I'm not sure what cServers responsibility is, but working out overrides is not it. As its not its responsibility, adding this logic would cause more issues with adding other parameters in the future.
Thanks given by:
What's the current status on the IP stuff? I haven't emailed the host in a while and would like to give him an update on things.
Thanks given by: