Cuberite.org Redesign
Hi,
I've been experimenting with a new design for http://cuberite.org, as a redesign was part of the rebranding plan. The logo is a placeholder, but otherwise the design almost done (need to polish it a little more).

- Pure CSS and HTML (except for the JS Piwik analytics code)
- Responsive design. Fonts and elements scale according to screen size.
- Montserrat font (Licensed under SIL Open Font License)
- Custom icon font with icons from FontAwesome and Octicons + Cuberite icon (Both licensed under SIL Open Font License)
- Support and Contribute pages

I'd appreciate some feedback about the design, what I can improve etc. Smile

http://mathias-github.github.io/cuberite-redesign/
Thanks given by:
The hamburger menu doesn't work for me. At least in Waterfox' responsive design viewer. Also, I don't really like the background. I've seen too many of those kind of backgrounds to make it stand out. Furthermore, the Speed, FOSS and Plugins icon are too low. They overlap at the transparent border for me. Or was this intended?

But overall, it looks pleasing to the eye Smile
Thanks given by:
I do not think a new website should be a top priority, but your mockup looks very goodTongue . I have some concerns:
There is too much free space: I don't think all the links should be "hidden" in the top bar, and the download button could be much bigger.

Where did you get the screenshot ? If it is not yours you must make sure that we have the rights to use it Smile
Great job Smile
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2015, 07:49 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: The hamburger menu doesn't work for me. At least in Waterfox' responsive design viewer. Also, I don't really like the background. I've seen too many of those kind of backgrounds to make it stand out. Furthermore, the Speed, FOSS and Plugins icon are too low. They overlap at the transparent border for me. Or was this intended?

But overall, it looks pleasing to the eye Smile
The hamburger menu isn't finished quite yet. The background is a placeholder, which I'll replace with something better soon. I'll see what I can do with the icons, to make them fit in better.

Nice to hear!

(07-09-2015, 07:53 AM)nounoursheureux Wrote: I do not think a new website should be a top priority, but your mockup looks very goodTongue . I have some concerns:
There is too much free space: I don't think all the links should be "hidden" in the top bar, and the download button could be much bigger.

Where did you get the screenshot ? If it is not yours you must make sure that we have the rights to use it Smile
Great job Smile
Had some free time, so I decided to make a new design on my own. Thanks!

I'll enlarge the download button and move around some stuff. The screenshot is just a placeholder, which I'll replace with something better later.
Thanks given by:
I moved around some links, enlarged the download link, added a footer and changed the background. What do you think? (I'll fix the hamburger menuTongue)
Thanks given by:
Getting somewhere! Wink

- The hamburger menu works now
- The paragraph font is now a little smaller on mobile devices
- New support and contribute pages
- New design for the newsletter page
- Other tweaks
Thanks given by:
I can't close the download window.
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2015, 12:39 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: I can't close the download window.

Does youre browser show any error (debug tools)?

It works without problem in Maxthon 4.4.5.3
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2015, 12:39 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: I can't close the download window.
I'll take a closer look at the download window. It's pretty glitchy at the moment.
Thanks given by:
Google Pagespeed Insight seems to like youre site. o.o
https://developers.google.com/speed/page...tab=mobile
Thanks given by: