Random Chitchat 2017
Someone seems to have hacked my hosting account and filled it with spam-generating PHP scripts Sad
Thanks given by:
I hope you were using a different password for all your other accounts and services :|
Thanks given by:
The leftovers seem to indicate that they used some kind of a vulnerability to upload an uploader PHP code and then uploaded whatever they needed using that. Anyway, I use SSH / SCP with cert-based access, passwords are disabled there.
Thanks given by:
That's terrible! Was it your hosting provider that let them in or one of your sites? I hope none of your data is gone.
Thanks given by:
I think it was a genuine attack, since the provider then shut the site down until I removed the offending scripts. No idea how they got through, I have a feeling they could have found some kind of a weakness in Apache's fancy directory listing, because everywhere where the directory was listed by Apache itself, there was a malicious script there, and nowhere else.
Thanks given by:
The APIDoc contains functions that have params with the option IsOptional = true. I see that it's not used in main_APIDump.lua. Want to add a check for it and format the param. What do you think? Underlined, show title or in brackets?

For example the function cWorld:SpawnItemPickup has 9 params, but the last 5 are optional. This should be visible.
Thanks given by:
How about prefixing the type with "optional "? So that the types spell "optional number", "optional bool" etc. Perhaps a subtle change in the styling as well - the param name in italic or something like that.
Thanks given by:
I've reverted Github to my previous name. SafwatHalaby.
Thanks given by:
Ah, the eternal confusist has added more confusion Smile
Thanks given by:
A colleague of mine found out, through his extensive contacts, that there's a drone race next Friday two streets from where we work. Now I can't decide if I want to go there as a spectator, or whether I should just give it a try and enter the race myself. It's a terrible dilemma, am I good enough, and brave enough, to do this?
Thanks given by: