Random Chitchat 2017
The amount of spammers is getting ridiculous. I mean, over 20 spam posts per day? Is there anything we can do against it?
Thanks given by:
I've previously googled a bit, but there is not allot of info to prevent this on MyBB.
Thanks given by:
Moar mods. I would offer myself, if so I would check a little bit more often, if needed.
Thanks given by:
The forum has been updated to MyBB 1.8.13.
Thanks given by:
I decided to dust off my old Nokia Lumia device to give Windows Phone 8.1 a spin again. While Android certainly has improved in recent years (enjoying Android Oreo at the moment), there's just something about Windows Phone 8/8.1 that I miss. The minimalist, unique UI combined with the beautiful design of Nokia Lumia phones really looked great.

The OS and most apps still work fairly well in 2017, although some apps are starting to fall apart and crash due to third-party APIs shutting down. Still, Windows Phone feels refreshing to use, and apps for most services still exist. I just wish Windows Phone wasn't abandoned like some other good OSes (MeeGo Sad).
Thanks given by:
I'm totally stupid. I was supposed to leave for vacation on saturday, with my girlfriend, to New Zealand for over a month. Today I found out that my passport is no longer valid. Now I won't be able to go, and because of christmas, the officials won't give me a new passport until new year Sad((((((
Thanks given by:
Xoft aren't there emergency passports for exactly that reason? (cost a little bit sadly, but better than wasting everything else)
Thanks given by:
Yeah, normal passports take a month to get, emergency passports take 6 working days. With all the Christmas holidays just ahead, that still doesn't make it till new year. I'm going to the office in half an hour, I'll see if they have any tricks hidden up their sleeves. At this point, I'm willing to pay even a rather large sum of money if it gets me the passport in time.
Thanks given by:
Oh, I see. Good luck.
Thanks given by:
Good luck indeed. The lady at the office must be a saint. Despite the law giving her 6 working days for it, she made some phone calls and if everything works out, I will have the passport tomorrow. She will personally go (after her working hours) to the ministry to pick it up and then return to her office just to give it to me. The only unknown variable is whether the actual passport manufacturer will make it in time; she says there's a 50 % chance for that. So wish me luck, guys.

And I'm having a big thank-you flower sent to her office right now.
Thanks given by: