Random Chitchat 2012-2016
when you stop the server while there is a client connected, why does the client get the message: Server shut down? kthnxbai
Thanks given by:
Because that's the message I programmed into MCServer to show people when the server has shut down Smile
Thanks given by:
Yes but Why kthnxbai?
Thanks given by:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kthnxbai
Thanks given by:
I don't know what happened, or when it happened, but redstone is suddenly not working anymore like it should. Inverters don't work anymore while they did work before.. Sad
Thanks given by:
redstone is working like it did before for me. inverters only work when you place a redstone torch ontop of a block and not on the side.
_ = Redstone Wire
X = Block
i = redstone torch
* = air (needed it otherwise the "picture" would be wrong Sad)

********i_______________
_________XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

if you know what i mean. Smile
Thanks given by:
the new gravel/sand falling animation is awsomeBig Grin it now completly reacts like minecraft and when it gets a block update it falls so you can get those awsome large sand fallsBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I'm refactoring the blockhandlers a bit. I don't like two things about them now:
- the NeedsRandomTicks() virtual function is called, followed by OnUpdate(). Why have two virtual functions, if you can combine them into one and avoid doing a vtable call per each block update. I'm combining the two.
- GetDropCount() / GetDropID() / GetDropMeta() triplet. It uses three vtable calls and doesn't let us drop two different things from a block. Rewriting into ConvertToPickups(cItems & a_Pickups). That would also hook nicely into plugins.

The falling block physics are great, but they still need fine-tuning. Falling blocks need to convert into pickups if they land on torch / rail. And there are bugs on the falling start algorithm when the player holds rclk for a longer time:
- when facing a side of a block, two blocks are placed but only the first one falls, the second one hangs.
- when looking up and placing blocks on a vertical wall above self, two blocks are placed, the top one falls and disappears, the bottom one stays "glued" to the wall.
Thanks given by:
Are you sure that blocks keep hovering? I also had this with the old physics, but it was actually only client sided. When you reconnect you see that there's no floating block
Thanks given by:
Dunno, will try. But even if it is client-sided, the server should do something against it, since the official server doesn't seem to have such a problem.
Thanks given by: