Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Good observations.
I'll fix the debug info and the server string.
Note, though, that the debug info should only be printed in debug builds, not in release.
Thanks given by:
i found a funny bug (for 1.3.1/1.3.2 users) but its hard to explain so i made a video Smile
(the bug is not that i am using the same username but that i have different skinsTongue)
Thanks given by:
I've seen that bug before where the name of the player suddenly appeared somewhere else, and the sky turned all haywire for me. I'm not sure what fixed it or where the bug was :/
Thanks given by:
its becouse the 1.3.1 client holds a block in his hand but the 1.2.5 client doesn't know that block. you can try it yourself Smile i used a diffrent launcher that allows me to use diffrent minecraft.jar's at the same time. its called magic launcher. thats how i created this video Smile
Thanks given by:
It amazes me every time how Minecraft has almost no error handling whatsoever.. the fuck man O_o
How the heck can an unknown block cause the player name to appear upside down somewhere else
Thanks given by:
Can someone confirm that there is no sound of the block being placed in 1.3.2 and mcserver?
Thanks given by:
i can confirm it. it doesn't work anymore Sad
Thanks given by:
Well I ain't fixing thatTongue I think having the possibility of two players with different versions is weird enough; fixing all minecraft's problems? no way.

Btw. rev 841 should have both styles of authentication working.
Thanks given by:
can you than fix that when a 1.3.2 client places a 1.3.2 block (like a block of emerald) the 1.2.5 client crashes? Smile maybe can you do that when someone places a 1.3.2 block the 1.2.5 client sees a stone block or something.
Thanks given by:
Definitely not. Even if I fixed the placement, the next time the client connected, they would get that block anyway, unless MCServer checked every single block before sending a chunk. Not gonna happen.
Thanks given by: