Random Chitchat 2012-2016
created another finisher. it generates cactus only on deserts and they spawn less frequently

Attached Files
.txt   Cactus.patch.txt (Size: 5.39 KB / Downloads: 151)
Thanks given by:
You're becoming the finisher expert Wink
Thanks given by:
i am trying to split the SprinkleFoliage finisher but its not going verry well :S can't get a sugarcane finisher working, but the other things like muchrooms and stuff should not be a big problem (i hope)Tongue
Thanks given by:
Well, That's gonna take more than just copying a piece of code over and over while changing a few bits here and there. A nice foliage finisher would need a better algorithm than just randomly spraying stuff around Smile
Off the top of my head, here's one better algorithm:
1, Pick the foliage to generate in this round
2, Pick a pair of X/Z coords, this shall be the "center" of the foliage group
3, Generate a few pieces of the foliage from step 1 around center from step 2 ("few" and "diameter" configurable, biome-dependent, etc.)
4, Repeat from start a few times

This way, if the foliage finisher decides to put in e. g. yellow flowers, it will make a group of them near each other.
Thanks given by:
sadly i don't know anything about c++ so i can only copy/paste and then change some stuff like spawnrate and biome etc. i gues i have to wait until i go to collage and learn c++ at school before i can create comlete new things. Sad
now also finished a TallGrass finisher and a BrownMushroom Finisher Smile trying to make MC-Server more customizable.Big Grin i will upload a patch when i got all the finishers.
Thanks given by:
Quote:i gues i have to wait until i go to collage and learn c++ at school before i can create comlete new things.
Screw this, there are plenty of books and articles on every aspect of programming. I was 13 when I started, so it's really just a question of motivation.
Thanks given by:
College is really late for starting, you want to dig in as soon as possible. Because all of us make beginners' mistakes, and the sooner you learn from them, the better for you. College usually already expects you to know something about programming, have some background in algorithms etc.

I still remember my beginnings with C++. I got a set of manuals for Borland C++ 2.0 for DOS, it was the first programming language that I got my hands on that could create standalone (exe) files; all my previous encounters were with interprets like basic. I took the books (total of 3 kg!) on my first vacation at the seaside (we're a land-locked country, so going to a sea is actually quite an effort Wink ) and was I glad I did - the very first day I got so sunburnt that I had to spend the rest of the vacation indoors. So instead of lying on the beach and swimming in the sea, I was reading up on structs and classes and inheritance and overloading... The best vacation Smile Boy, that was some 20 years ago, doesn't the time fly!
Anyway, I think the individual finishers are somewhat overgrowing, we need to trim them down. So far they could be parametrised into a single class that takes "biome, block to generate, block required underneath, amount per chunk (per biome)". So I'd say don't bother with the patch, it's gonna get rewritten soon (wanna try it? Smile
Thanks given by:
when someone logs in you get [date] Spawning player "(player)" on client "(otherplayer)"@ (IP)
and if there are 4 online you get that message 4 times. is this normal or is it maybe debug?
Thanks given by:
That should be a debug message. It's documenting which entity is spawning for which client.
Thanks given by:
I get it with release mode
Thanks given by: