Cross Plugin Compatability
In easiest implementation it would require some kind of bridge: opened local port to send and recieve commands to/from plugin, which would be running as independent application written in PHP (using sockets to communicate). PHP is just not suitable to that applications.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 04:21 AM)l0udPL Wrote: In easiest implementation it would require some kind of bridge: opened local port to send and recieve commands to/from plugin, which would be running as independent application written in PHP (using sockets to communicate). PHP is just not suitable to that applications.

AFAIK it's completely possible to embed PHP into MCServer so you don't need any sockets or anything.. but still it's too much trouble
Thanks given by:
Too much trouble for too little effect. Php is a language aimed primarily for web development, not for game engine embedding. It's good for manipulating strings, but where woud you use that in a mcs plugin?
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 08:22 AM)xoft Wrote: but where woud you use that in a mcs plugin?

i had in mind that you could create websites with it. so you can use the webserver for more than just webadmin.
Thanks given by:
You don't create websites with PHP, you create websites with HTML. PHP can be a programming language behind a website, but you can just as well use Lua
Thanks given by:
Than html and php? I think if you add more program languages more people will come.
Thanks given by:
Why would he need to add php support when you have lua ?
lua gives you pretty much access to anything and allows you the ability to serve webpages like the webadmin does..

MCServer isnt suppose to become a webserver:p.
Thanks given by: Taugeshtu
Quote:I think if you add more program languages more people will come.
What are plugins? They are just alteration of existing mechanics. Writing an alteration in one language is good thing, because you'll have plenty of examples and could just read other plugins code to understand how to use API.

More languages won't really help, because it's common for programmers to be multilingual - sometimes it's enough to just spend one day with google and samples to understand language (and lua is tiny-tiny-tiny-tiny, thus it's super-fast to learn).
Thanks given by:
I placed a thread on the minecraft forum about MCServer, and someone was pretty interested. He was just wondering if he could create plugins in C++.
Thanks given by:
(06-15-2013, 07:19 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: I placed a thread on the minecraft forum about MCServer, and someone was pretty interested. He was just wondering if he could create plugins in C++.
I think more people should know MCServer. It would be nice to make a video showing MCServer. If other people know MCServer, and like it, maybe someone more become a MCServer developer or make plugins.
Thanks given by: