MC-Server on Raspberry Pi
I put the crashes down to the map.

What I will do is next time save the logs and upload.
Thanks given by:
I'm afraid the logs alone won't be enough to debug this.
Thanks given by:
(02-28-2013, 07:11 AM)xoft Wrote: I'm afraid the logs alone won't be enough to debug this.

Well I am not reporting this as a bug. As I am not sure if it is my system / settings. Or the crap maps I am importing.
Thanks given by:
MCServer should be capable of importing whatever maps you throw at it, so if it is the maps, it should be reported. Generally, any crash is bad enough to have a look at.
Thanks given by:
Hi,

quick question: am i the only one that experiences server crashes on connect?
Code:
[b3385460|10:02:30] Streaming chunks centered on [-40, 11], view distance 9
[b3385460|10:02:30] cChunk: Entity #1 (cPlayer) at [-40, 0, 11] spawning for player "gandl"
[b4385460|10:02:30] Generating chunk [-40, 0, 11]
[b4385460|10:02:31] Chunk [-40, 11] already generated, skipping generation
[b4385460|10:02:31] Generating chunk [-39, 0, 10]
[b1677460|10:02:32] Assertion failed: IsValid(), file source/Chunk.cpp, line 1126
MCServer: source/Chunk.cpp:1126: void cChunk::SetBlock(int, int, int, BLOCKTYPE, NIBBLETYPE): Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Running 1276 and Minecraft 1.5

Greetings[/code]
Thanks given by:
I dont have a crash at all....

I am running a clean copy of Minecraft Client 1.5...

When I tried to run client side plugins I had some odd problems but works great with a clean copy.

If you want to try on my server it is running now and I can copy you logs...

DAVE
Thanks given by:
Gandl, can you run MCServer under GDB and do some initial analysis for me? Here's a link to a thread that describes how to do it: ("Reporting crashes on Linux"):
https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=631
Since you're running on special hardware, it is vital that you perform either Live or Post-mortem analysis for that report, I cannot do much without it.

Also, "Assertion" means that you are running a debug version of the program. Is that your intent, or is that by accident? If you want just to try it out and play on the server, it's better (faster, uses less memory) when you compile a release version, by using "make release=1" instead of "make" during the build process (details are in the wiki: http://mc-server.org/wiki/doku.php?id=compiling_gcc )

I have seen such a crash when the Classic fluid simulator was used, but in the revision that you're using the simulator has already been thrown away, so it's probably a different cause.
Thanks given by:
wut?

I compiled it with release=1. Let me check that again. Maybe something got mixed up and that results in this crash.
Thanks given by:
I would still be interested in the analysis for the crash that you have, because even if it is a debug version, it means that the code is doing something it's not supposed to do (that's why the assert is there in the first place) and that means that a release version will most probably crash there.
Thanks given by:
I think i found my mistake.
If you run 'make clean' instead of 'make clean release=1', the whole thing can get a bit confusing for the poor gnu compiler. Wink
Thanks given by: