WorldEdit
It actually looks like something in the HDD itself. When using a different one it booted perfectly.
Thanks given by:
[13:14:28] Your WorldEdit plugin is up-to-date
Thanks given by:
I believe update checking should be opt-in.
Thanks given by:
Checking for updates can be disabled in the configuration file. See Updates -> CheckForUpdates.
Thanks given by:
I still believe it should be opt in and disabled by default.
Thanks given by:
I expect that most people want to stay up-to-date unless told to specifically.
Thanks given by:
I added a poll where we can vote Smile
Thanks given by:
Honestly, I really wouldn't. I don't want my plugins to auto-update and suddenly have some bug I might have been aware off if I updated myself.
Sure you can disable it, but I can tell you most people won't even check and only get annoyed when such a scenario happens.

We've always updated manually, what is wrong with doing that now? I have to agree with @LogicParrot here.
Thanks given by:
It's not updating automatically. It's only checking if there are newer versions. If configured it will also download the latest version, but it won't install it automatically. You always have to install it manually.
Thanks given by:
Call me old school, paranoid, or "over-ideologist", but I think it's wrong for a program to call the mothership without the user explicitly allowing it to do so. The user should be in control. A program is a guest on my machine, it should ask me for explicit permissions whenever it wants to do something not completely expected.

I'm not alone here, the Free Software community tends to follow that same spirit:
- Mozilla will not autocomplete your browser bar searches without asking you if it may connect to the net. (It will, however, connect to sites without explicitly asking, since that is expected of a browser).
- VLC will ask your permission before ever connecting to the net, even for update checking.
Thanks given by: