Portals v3
Star 
Hello all,

This is technically not a new plugin just a major version change for  JonnyBoy0719's plugin. He was kind enough to let me go crazy on his plugin as an excuse to learn lua. Anyways I will refer to his original post for images/credits etc and just give you an update of changes/new features;

First off this is a major version bump because it is not compatible with version 2.0. You will need to migrate your portal config to the new format. Or just recreate your portals in game.

Hope you guys like it.

changes

1. new web admin page for portals

2. removed web admin page for player data

3. Portals can now have several targets (destination portals)!!! 

When a user enters a portal with multiple destinations they can use a command (/pteleport) to choose where they want to go.

4. fixes for the portal timer (only applies when there is only one destination)

5. several commands changed ( I will list them below)

6. portals can now be disabled!! this works on a per portal or global level

Download

I think thats pretty much everything. See the github repo for full changelog or to download.

commands

• /ptoggle - toggle the portal point selection tool (wooden sword)
  • /pcreate - create a portal (use after selecting two points)
  • /pconnect - connects two portals (or if a connection already exists it now removes it since portals can have multiple destinations
  • /pdest - sets the point that a user appears when they are teleported to a given portal
  • /pinfo - print either a list of the portals, a portals config or a players current state
  • /pmanage - enable/disable all or a specific portal ( these are handled separately so if you disable then enable all portals at a global level then any portals that were disabled individually will still be disabled.
  • /pteleport - used when you are standing in a portal with multiple targets to decide where to go
  • /phelp - plugin specifc help: either list commands or get usage info for a command

Future Development

The features I think would be nice in the future are:

1. teleporting a user to a point inside the target portal instead of requiring someone to configure where a user should appear. (I would appreciate ideas/help from someone more knowledgeable than myself for this one)

2. allow portals to target arbitrary points anywhere instead of just other portals ( this technically is technically possible already within the same world but is unintended. This would be fairly easy to implement I think)

3. make plugin functions callable by other plugins for use in scripted mission/ whatever you can think of. ( I believe I saw somewhere an example of a plugin calling another but If someone can point me to one for reference that would be great.)

4. maybe a countdown until teleport for portals that have only one destination ( it didn't make sense to make multi destination portals where the user has to run a command also require the user to wait just to enter that command)

Edit: added a readme to the repo
Thanks given by:
Any plans to push bungeecord portal linking into this? I like the portal layout and think blending it in with bungee for multi server connections would be quite useful.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2016, 09:41 AM)feardevilz Wrote: Any plans to push bungeecord portal linking into this? I like the portal layout and think blending it in with bungee for multi server connections would be quite useful.

I don't know if I can commit to any further work on this for a while. Also not sure if that is possible or how hard it would be if it is possible. I'm pretty new to minecraft and cuberite. If someone who is more knowledgeable could confirm if its possible and there are decent docs for buneecord then I could look into it.
Thanks given by:
Öhm just saying, as far as remember login by NiLSPACE makes use of a workbench inventory for the login code. Can't you use some kind of inventory where you just click on one if you have multiple destinations? (you walk into a portal, an inventory appears, you click one item, then the cool down appears until teleport.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2016, 03:52 PM)Cl1608Ho Wrote: Öhm just saying, as far as  remember login by NiLSPACE makes use of a workbench inventory for the login code. Can't you use some kind of inventory where you just click on one if you have multiple destinations? (you walk into a portal, an inventory appears, you click one item, then the cool down appears until teleport.

Nice suggestion! I might look into this one soon
Thanks given by:
No, that was just a concept: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qb9baI8J8RI You won't find any of that code in the current plugin.
Thanks given by:
Could you implement the netherportal particles, or water, or lava, so portals don't look empty? SpigotMC CreativeGates lets you choose between the three, but just the portal particles would be fine.
Thanks given by: