Free Server Hosting ~ NOW ONLINE!
So I've been pondering around the idea of getting back into hosting like I had used to so I picked up a second hand Dell PowerEdge and maxed out its capacity for ram and processors for the most part. I was thinking of doing a couple hardware and bandwidth tests on the server and host a good set of 5 slot servers for free. I am planning on developing a website and getting a forum setup for it but I thought it would be a cool idea. I know Cuberite is much lighter and I'm guessing with the hardware I have I shouldn't have too of a problem with load, so lets test it out!

EDIT: Now that I've got the time to develop the creation panel, its now online at the link below! Click and play server setup! Please, please, please, leave some feedback on what you'd like to see on the vanilla FreeChunk servers when it comes to plugins!

Specs of the hardware include:
Dell PowerEdge R410
CPU(s): 2x Xeon E5649 6-core - 12 thread 2.53GHz (2.93GHz boost)
RAM: 24GB DDR3 ECC 1866MHz memory
HDD: 2x 1TB WD black 7200RPM

Specs of free Cuberite host:
  • 5 player slots
  • 2 week uptime
  • Unlimited world disk space
  • Insta-easy setup!

Website (Under construction ATM): http://freechunk.us.to

Testing servers that have been started and online:
freechunk.us.to:25010
freechunk.us.to:25011

Looking for some feedback, and if you're looking for a free Cuberite server, message me and I will send out server connection details! I plan on running 10 to 50 servers and monitoring loads and network usage for everyone. With just the 5 servers idling, and a VM running in the background, the server is barely allocating 1GB of RAM. We have some head room!
Thanks given by:
Wow! that's quite some hardware you have there. The defaults do give a fairly vanilla setup, albeit with a Cuberite flavour. Maybe you could enable the admin panel but restrict certain options? I suppose it depends on how pure you want the experience to be.
Thanks given by:
(04-15-2019, 02:39 AM)tigerw Wrote: Wow! that's quite some hardware you have there. The defaults do give a fairly vanilla setup, albeit with a Cuberite flavour. Maybe you could enable the admin panel but restrict certain options? I suppose it depends on how pure you want the experience to be.

Thanks for the reply, that is a good idea but the problem is IPv4 addresses. I don't have more than 1 so I have a port restriction lol but it depends on how it goes.
Thanks given by:
i want this is this project cancelled
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2019, 08:20 AM)KamenkoTV Wrote: i want this is this project cancelled

It's definitely not cancelled. I really didn't know if anyone would have interest in it but I am planning on making a website similar to my VPS deploy that launches cuberite servers. See free.vpsbox.info
Thanks given by:
epic
Thanks given by:
It is offline....
Thanks given by: