Free Cuberite server hosting!
So I've been pondering around the idea of getting back into hosting like I had used to so I picked up a second hand Dell PowerEdge and maxed out its capacity for ram and processors for the most part. I was thinking of doing a couple hardware and bandwidth tests on the server and host a good set of 5 slot servers for free. I am planning on developing a website and getting a forum setup for it but I thought it would be a cool idea. I know Cuberite is much lighter and I'm guessing with the hardware I have I shouldn't have too of a problem with load, so lets test it out!

Specs of the hardware include:
Dell PowerEdge R410
CPU(s): 2x Xeon E5649 6-core - 12 thread 2.53GHz (2.93GHz boost)
RAM: 24GB DDR3 ECC 1866MHz memory
HDD: 2x 1TB WD black 7200RPM

Specs of free Cuberite host:
5 player slots
A set of user agreed plugins that would make a lightweight yet great vanilla experience?
Do you believe I should enable admin panel per server or have server defaults for a rather vanilla experience?

Website (Under construction ATM): http://freechunk.us.to
Current online test servers:
FreeChunk 1: freechunk.us.to:25555
FreeChunk 2: freechunk.us.to:25556
FreeChunk 3: freechunk.us.to:25557

Looking for some feedback, and if you're looking for a free Cuberite server, message me and I will send out server connection details! I plan on running 10 to 20 servers and monitoring loads and network usage for everyone. With just the 5 servers idling, and a VM running in the background, the server is barely allocating 1GB of RAM. We have some head room!

PC Specs:
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident V
CPU: FX-8370 w/ Wraith cooler
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan 6GB
Storage: 500GB Samsung Evo 860 SSD
2x Hitachi Deskjet (1tb; 7200RPM; SATA)
PSU: Rosewill Photon (750w, 80+ Gold)
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AM3+
Thanks given by:
Wow! that's quite some hardware you have there. The defaults do give a fairly vanilla setup, albeit with a Cuberite flavour. Maybe you could enable the admin panel but restrict certain options? I suppose it depends on how pure you want the experience to be.
Thanks given by:
(28 minutes ago)tigerw Wrote: Wow! that's quite some hardware you have there. The defaults do give a fairly vanilla setup, albeit with a Cuberite flavour. Maybe you could enable the admin panel but restrict certain options? I suppose it depends on how pure you want the experience to be.

Thanks for the reply, that is a good idea but the problem is IPv4 addresses. I don't have more than 1 so I have a port restriction lol but it depends on how it goes.

PC Specs:
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident V
CPU: FX-8370 w/ Wraith cooler
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan 6GB
Storage: 500GB Samsung Evo 860 SSD
2x Hitachi Deskjet (1tb; 7200RPM; SATA)
PSU: Rosewill Photon (750w, 80+ Gold)
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AM3+
Thanks given by: