Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Wow, look who's back Smile
Thanks given by:
I won't be fixing FS #338 anytime soon, because it would most probably collide with Keyboard's work on the entity physics / AI.

There, rev 1459 should have fixed most of the crafting / inventory window problems. It doesn't implement inventory painting yet, but at least it's aware of its existence Smile
Thanks given by:
As he said not anytime soon..
As somebody else is working on some code.
Thanks given by:
the trees are using like 30% of the generation speed, if it used cBlockArea would it then be much faster?
Thanks given by:
Probably not so much. It's not about whether they use cBlockArea or not, it's because to place trees, 3x3 chunk neighbors need to be composed, so it's causing 9x more compositions. I put in a CompositionGen cache so that the last 32 compositions are remembered and reused, but still...
Thanks given by:
On the latest rev crafting works fine, but you can't get your pickups, your go to take your pickups, and nothing happens. Also, some errors spam the console:
[17:47:06] SlotArea: Unhandled click action: 23 (caRightPaintProgress)
[17:47:31] *** Window lost sync at item 8 in SlotArea with 10 items ***
[17:47:31] My item: lightplanks:2 * 3
[17:47:31] Their item: -1:0:0 * 0
[17:47:31] SlotArea: Unhandled click action: 23 (caRightPaintProgress)
[17:47:31] SlotArea: Unhandled click action: 22 (caLeftPaintProgress)

I posted it on pastebin too
Thanks given by:
I think I know what is the cause for FS# 338. The server pushes entities upwards if they are found to be inside a block. I am hoping to alleviate this issue by doing bounding box collisions so we can prevent entities from landing inside a block in the first place.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2013, 05:33 PM)keyboard Wrote: I think I know what is the cause for FS# 338. The server pushes entities upwards if they are found to be inside a block. I am hoping to alleviate this issue by doing bounding box collisions so we can prevent entities from landing inside a block in the first place.
Ok, but maybe is intermitent. Now I can get the pickups, but I changed my OS to CentOS, and the error was in Ubuntu.
Thanks given by:
how to spawn pickups using a plugin? i tried:
Item = cItem( BlockType, 1, BlockMeta )
cPickup( BlockX, BlockY, BlockZ, Item, 0, 0, 0 ) but it doesn't work.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2013, 05:33 PM)keyboard Wrote: [...]so we can prevent entities from landing inside a block in the first place.
You really can't - the player can place a block into a place where a pickup is, and the server needs to deal with it.

It might be easier to write a function that would return the nearest "available" space, and direct the entity towards it. Using NY-metric for "nearest" should be sufficient, to make the search algorithm easier.

(05-09-2013, 07:01 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: how to spawn pickups[...]?
In C++ we have the cWorld::SpawnItemPickups() functions; they are not exported into Lua API, not sure why. I think they should work out of the box. Try auto-exporting them to API and use them.

Exporting is done by putting
Code:
// tolua_begin
above the function declaration and then
Code:
// tolua_end
after the function declaration (in the .h file; there are several exported functions so have a look at those); then running the AllToLua script in the Source folder (it will generate the bindings into the Bindings.cpp file)
Thanks given by: