Core Forked (Core++?) (OBSOLETE)
Sounds a nice idea, why not fork and add it?
Thanks given by:
(07-26-2013, 11:56 PM)xoft Wrote: The client does check, but it may not have the up-to-date info on all the entities. Only the server can say for sure that "no entity is occupying this block's space at this tick".

The server should send an update when the placement is cancelled, have a look at the hook documentation in the wiki (hooks should be up to date there).

OK. I've updated the buildpermandcollision.lua with an 'if-then' as per the TODO already there. It checks to see if it isn't a torch, redtorch (what else?), and only then does the collision check. It works from what I can see, but it's ease seems deceptive...? Oh, it doesn't seem to affect tools.
Thanks given by:
I think rather than checking a list of blocks, it should check the block's properties - in this case, g_BlockIsSolid[BlockType]. That is currently an undocumented array of booleans exported to the Lua, indexed by BlockType and saying whether each individual block is solid or not. All non-solid blocks should be allowed.
Thanks given by:
I think we should merge plugins like SpawnProtect and BanIP into core. Bukkit has ip ban and spawn protection integrated in the server. Maybe we could add a [SpawnProtection] section in setting.ini, like that:
Code:
[SpawnProtection]
enabled=1
protectionradius=10
Thanks given by:
Nay, I don't want spawn protection in my home server, nor BanIP. Let's keep the pure server as lightweight as possible. We can, of course, make those plugins part of the default installation, so that users don't need to search for them, but that's about it, I wouldn't go any further.
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2013, 04:32 AM)xoft Wrote: Nay, I don't want spawn protection in my home server, nor BanIP. Let's keep the pure server as lightweight as possible. We can, of course, make those plugins part of the default installation, so that users don't need to search for them, but that's about it, I wouldn't go any further.

But isn't spawn protection part of Vanilla? Or is MCServer not a faithful rewrite?

I implemented your suggestion, IT WORKS!Big Grin

Also, is the MyBB server in the US? The time is not UK time.
Thanks given by:
Ok, I wanted to add vanilla commands to core but if you want server to be lightweight I wont do.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Comman...y_commands
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2013, 04:39 AM)tigerw Wrote: But isn't spawn protection part of Vanilla?

I believe it isn't, but then, I could be wrong.
Now that I think of it, IP banning is most definitely part of vanilla, so that makes sense, after all. The plugin won't be that resource-hungry anyway.

(07-27-2013, 04:42 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: Ok, I wanted to add vanilla commands to core but if you want server to be lightweight I wont do.

Oh but go ahead and do them, we want it to be lightweight, but still as much compatible as possible with the vanilla.
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2013, 04:32 AM)xoft Wrote: Nay, I don't want spawn protection in my home server, nor BanIP. Let's keep the pure server as lightweight as possible. We can, of course, make those plugins part of the default installation, so that users don't need to search for them, but that's about it, I wouldn't go any further.

Also, if we make SpawnProtect part of the default plugins, why not integrate with Core? It's gonna be there anyway. Bearbin's SP isn't big, and could be easily done.

Not sure about IP bans, but they still are Vanilla.

YES! We won the dev over!
Thanks given by:
Also, spawn protection is definitely part of vanilla - it's just a radius configurable in the server.props. Also, if you do integrate it, remember to add the build-in-spawn permissions to admins and such as default.
Thanks given by: