Core Forked (Core++?) (OBSOLETE)
(07-28-2013, 05:08 AM)xoft Wrote:
(07-27-2013, 11:00 PM)tigerw Wrote: Nah, it worked before. xoft told be about it in a post on the previous page. Maybe it has to come first, or there is a typo, but I don't know. I can still check manually for block transparency, all failing.

Oops, sorry, for some reason I believed those arrays are exported, turns out they aren't, yet. I'll see if I can fix that easily; anyway, count on a solution along this way - either an array or a function that returns whether a block is solid / transparent / snowable / whatever.

Strange, the array check definitely worked once. Ah well.
Thanks given by:
I'm afraid I don't like the new design too much, for the following reasons:
1, The tabs being horizontal, when a new tab is added that doesn't fit, it creates multiline clutter at the top of the page. Imagine 30 tabs being added by different plugins!
2, With the horizontal tabs I have managed to get into situation when the tab-bar changes height when I select different tabs, because some tabs need a vertical scrollbar, which changes the available window width.
3, The transition effects really slow down any work done in the webadmin.
4, The logo and the entire header is too large, occupying more than 1/3 of my screen. I need to scroll down on each page to get to useful content.
5, I liked the older logo more Smile
Thanks given by:
(07-28-2013, 09:05 PM)xoft Wrote: I'm afraid I don't like the new design too much, for the following reasons:
1, The tabs being horizontal, when a new tab is added that doesn't fit, it creates multiline clutter at the top of the page. Imagine 30 tabs being added by different plugins!
2, With the horizontal tabs I have managed to get into situation when the tab-bar changes height when I select different tabs, because some tabs need a vertical scrollbar, which changes the available window width.
3, The transition effects really slow down any work done in the webadmin.
4, The logo and the entire header is too large, occupying more than 1/3 of my screen. I need to scroll down on each page to get to useful content.
5, I liked the older logo more Smile

OK, that's fine. There is an (original).html file in the webadmin folder, if you want to use that. Do you want the original file set as default?
Thanks given by:
Why not improve your version so it addresses all those concerns?

You could speed up the transitions, make the logo small, and make a vertical navigation bar, similar to the Bootstrap one.
Thanks given by:
Wow, seriously?
I just checked out this new template and I don't want to insult anyone but I seriously do not like how it looks. It looks like a total amateur design.

Please put the original one back as the default template.

There are some parts I do like, such as the wider page but all the fading and stuff feels like you put a crap load of fancy and useless stuff in there. It's like you created a PowertPoint presentation with all the fade in/out and WordArt text you could find. The page does not feel professional at all.

So once again, please put the original back. If you want to use this new layout that's your own choice, you can even keep it on the repository as an example, but seriously don't use this as the default template.
Thanks given by:
(07-29-2013, 01:09 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Wow, seriously?
I just checked out this new template and I don't want to insult anyone but I seriously do not like how it looks. It looks like a total amateur design.

Please put the original one back as the default template.

There are some parts I do like, such as the wider page but all the fading and stuff feels like you put a crap load of fancy and useless stuff in there. It's like you created a PowertPoint presentation with all the fade in/out and WordArt text you could find. The page does not feel professional at all.

So once again, please put the original back. If you want to use this new layout that's your own choice, you can even keep it on the repository as an example, but seriously don't use this as the default template.

OKAY, OKAY, HOLD YOUR HORSES!

This is the second, 'are you serious' incident - the first being xoft and bearbin's proposed GitHub move. Rolleyes

To address you guys' concerns:
1. The fade effects can easily be sped up or removed completely.
2. The header can easily be reduced in size by removing the text and reducing the logo, or even make an automatic anchor jump to the content
3. The original logo can be restored (admittedly, converted to base, it is much smaller than the new logo)
4. I didn't use any WordArt...:P You're right on the amateur count - I'm not very experienced with CSS.
5. The navigation bar issues could be fixed by organising everything by plugin name, then a submenu for the options, though this may require C++ support which I assume you will be unwilling to do. I could make everything smaller, or even revert with difficulty to vertical. Surely even with vertical, you will encounter issues with finding something once the list gets large?
6. Please tell me what else.

Are you sure you wouldn't like to give it a chance?

Thanks for the support, I knew you would like it...
Thanks given by:
I'd say that going back to the old logo and shrinking it a little would be good, as well as reducing the fade duration and switching to vertical navigation (if possible).
Thanks given by:
(07-29-2013, 03:45 AM)tigerw Wrote:
(07-29-2013, 01:09 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: -snip-

OKAY, OKAY, HOLD YOUR HORSES!

This is the second, 'are you serious' incident - the first being xoft and bearbin's proposed GitHub move. Rolleyes

To address you guys' concerns:
1. The fade effects can easily be sped up or removed completely.
2. The header can easily be reduced in size by removing the text and reducing the logo, or even make an automatic anchor jump to the content
3. The original logo can be restored (admittedly, converted to base, it is much smaller than the new logo)
4. I didn't use any WordArt...:P You're right on the amateur count - I'm not very experienced with CSS.
5. The navigation bar issues could be fixed by organising everything by plugin name, then a submenu for the options, though this may require C++ support which I assume you will be unwilling to do. I could make everything smaller, or even revert with difficulty to vertical. Surely even with vertical, you will encounter issues with finding something once the list gets large?
6. Please tell me what else.

Are you sure you wouldn't like to give it a chance?

Thanks for the support, I knew you would like it...

1. Remove it completely yes. Fading pages was one of the first effects I added on my http://www.tripod.lycos.com/ site 15 years ago lol
2. There's a bit of text under the logo with a completely different font than the rest of the site. Looks plain wrong.
3. Yes, please keep the original logo. Be it the logo on this forum or the logo that was used in the original template (they resemble each other). Don't go around creating new logos for MCServer. There's also another logo that is displayed on the GitHub page https://github.com/mc-server this is also currently used as the icon for MCServer on Windows.
4. I know you did not use WordArt. It was just an example of how I think the template looks/feels like.
5. I would like to change some parts of how a WebAdmin page is composed. This would allow much more complex templates.
6. The things I pointed out were just some small points. I do not know how to express the other issues I have with the template other than that it does not "feel" right. I am not a website designer, that's why I cannot tell you what is wrong. The original template however has been created by a real web designer. It is minimalistic and sleek in its core. Only the plugin pages suck because I simply butchered them with my own horrible html/css skillz.

How much of a chance am I supposed to give it? I tried it, I looked at it, I don't like it, sorry.
I do think the original template can be improved upon, it's not perfect at all, but IMHO it looks a lot better than this new template.
Thanks given by:
Agree with Bearbin.

I still kinda like the new color scheme, it's a bit more lively than the old grayish one. But the new logo sux, although I'm not sure if the new design and old logo would mix well. Maybe turn the colors from golden oragne to some blueish tint?
Thanks given by:
The new template is not consistent in colors either. Everything looks orange except for the tables.
Thanks given by: