PaintBall
I thought I fixed multiworld. Try again, bearbin?
Thanks given by:
This is a really cool plugin that I will use when I open up Mini Games on my server, but first, I need to find some way of doing Hunger Games.
Thanks given by:
The HungerGames plugins is already finished: https://github.com/mc-server/HungerGames It does need some extra testing though so I can fix all the bugs that I don't know about.
Thanks given by:
Dang. That was fast. Thank you so much. So this has the functionality of the normal Bukkit plugin?

Thank you for helping. This helps a lot.

P.S: You should create a thread about it.
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2014, 08:14 AM)pikachu784 Wrote: So this has the functionality of the normal Bukkit plugin?
It's probably a little different to set up, but I think it should have the same functionality. But then I only created this plugin from videos I watched about hunger games and the 2-3 times I actualy played it. Wink

(04-19-2014, 08:14 AM)pikachu784 Wrote: Thank you for helping. This helps a lot.
No problem Smile

(04-19-2014, 08:14 AM)pikachu784 Wrote: P.S: You should create a thread about it.
I'll probably do it later today if nobody has an objection.
Thanks given by:
Oh god cProjectileEntity:GetCreator() is removed. Now Paintball doesn't work anymore.
Would
function GetCreator(a_Projectile)
  local CreatorID = a_Projectile:GetCreatorUniqueID()
  local Creator = nil
  a_Projectile:GetWorld():DoWithEntityByID(CreatorID,
    function(a_Creator)
      Creator = a_Creator
    end
  )
  return Creator
end
cause a deadlock?
Thanks given by:
Ill tryBig Grin

No deadlock, but I haven't tried a paintball game.
Thanks given by:
It won't work well, because it does exactly what should never be done - store a pointer to an entity while in the callback and leaking that pointer out. You need to do your action directly in the callback, you can't pass the pointer around.
Thanks given by:
Tycho is making a fanfare about locked_pointer; does Lua support that?
Thanks given by:
Lua has no such thing out of the box, we would need to write support for it into ToLua++. Which would be pretty difficult.

I'm actually playing with the thought of abandoning ToLua++ completely and either use a different binding library, or not use a library at all - write a script that generates the bindings out of APIDump-style description that we'd write for the API. Adding API that way would be a bit more difficult than marking functions as "tolua_export", but on the other hand we could customize it completely, to support shared_ptrs, locked_ptrs etc. And we'd have a single source of both the bindings and the APIDump information, which would be really helpful for the documentation.
Thanks given by: