Random Chitchat 2017
Still a little for my taste, but I'll let the other decide. Smile I really like the gradient though.
Thanks given by:
@Mathias please please ask before changing such things. Imo the black was a lot better, such things shouldn't be a one man decision!

Edit: yes, discussing it in the website github where only a few people see it is like discussing it in private or not discussing it at all.
Thanks given by:
Love the new cuberite forum color.
Thanks given by:
What's the correct way to call a static function?
Code:
Class:Function()
or

Code:
Class.Function()

Edit: Or should both cases be allowed? I also find that some stack traces are not easy to understand.
Thanks given by:
ToLua++ generates the "Class:Function()" bindings. For some manual bindings, I used to provide the "super-static" form of "Class.Function()", however, if no-one objects, I'd like to remove those as they are non-consistent and confusing.

What do you mean by stack traces and what's confusing about them? How about an example? I know that calling a static function in a wrong way gives a weird error message, along the lines of "Class was expected, got Class". That's just ToLua++, I guess we could change that, after all we have our own modifications already in place there.
Thanks given by:
In the api doc the functions for this classes has to be called with an dot.
cStringCompression
ItemCategory
cCryptoHash

Could break plugins, without any warning.

For the stack traces, yes I mean that with "class expected".

Edit: What's about a addition to plugin APIDump (or directly in Cuberite), that could check the whole plugin folder for deprecated functions?
And also printing out the replacement.
Thanks given by:
It's possible to change to one API style and still keep the old style for a while, and print a warning when it is used, so that plugins get fixed soon. Of course, it would mean a lot of manual API implementations.

How would you detect deprecated function usage? I don't think we can do some kind of Lua static analysis. And there are trivial examples to break even the naive approach to detecting deprecated static function calls:
local pm = cPluginManager
pm.AddHook(...)
Thanks given by:
Working on adding missing checks for spawning entities and see that cEntity.html#INVALID_ID has value 0, I always expected it to be -1 and the APIDoc has entries with -1.
What value now 0 or -1?
Thanks given by:
How about INVALID_ID?Tongue
Thanks given by:
Today @Seadragon91 and me take turns breaking builds Smile Now we need @bearbin to fix our messTongue
Thanks given by: