Random Chitchat 2012-2016
I'd say please do not report any bugs when using a 1.3.x client.
The protocol is still not working like it should and therefore weird shit is bound to happen
Thanks given by:
I found one race condition in cClientHandle that could have caused the weird behavior we're seeing; but still, after fixing it, the client and the server still often don't talk to each other. Something's still hiding from me. Sad
Thanks given by:
Wow, the protocol proxy seems to have become a really valuable tool. While I'm adding parsing various packet types to it, I have caught a truly invalid packet from MCServer. So it seems that the client is right - we are sending a bad packet. Now with the proxy's log, I can hopefully find the culprit. But first I'll commit the proxy's code to SVN, so that anyone can play with it, too.
Thanks given by: Taugeshtu
That's a good news, it turned out that making of wand-created portals plugin is much easier than making vanilla-like nether portals plugin! Smile
Thanks given by:
The bad news is that my eyes are giving up on me, I'm gonna go to bed now before I ruin them completely. I've been doing nothing else than staring at the computer screen for the past few days, at work and at home alike. I guess I've hit my limits.
Thanks given by:
Well, I think I know what's going on Smile

The server keeps a small buffer for outgoing data for each client. And when that client connects, they get lots of data sent to them - all the chunks, entities...
Before, the buffer was resizing - it auto-sized itself to accomodate any amount of data (potentially megabytes of unsent data). I stopped that and made the buffer fixed-size. But at the game start, the buffer just overflows silently and the client won't get all the data; sometimes they'd get half a packet only.
Thanks given by:
I added an overflow buffer and 1.3.2 seems to work now. It seems we are now compatible with both 1.2.5 and 1.3.2 Smile))
Thanks given by:
Yup, it (finally) fixed back my world in 1.2.5 too.
Thanks given by:
Okay, I'm officially declaring MCServer to be compatible with 1.2.4, 1.2.5, 1.3.1 and 1.3.2.
Thanks given by:
Anyway some things needs to be polished.
- Currently there is too much debug info (every packet makes a line).
- I see that my note blocks are somewhat broken (note appears, no sound, weirdTongue). Will investigate that later.
- Server string in EncryptionKeyRequest packet should be "-" instead of "MCServer" when authorization is disabled. That should allow cracked clients to connect without asking main servers us to play in lan without internet connection. Angel
Thanks given by: Taugeshtu