Portal v1 (r842)
I think it's possible...
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure about that. If the destination is in a chunk that has been unloaded, there's no way to touch that chunk, to add data to it, or to load it in order to make those things happen. You can transport a player there, because that will load the chunk, but items, no, probably not.
Also, if the portal is both-ways, how would you handle the items? should they cycle between the places periodically, or should they transport once? If they should transport once, how do you tell that they have already transported?
Thanks given by:
Quote:how do you tell that they have already transported?
Very simple, just one hash-table for items with .teleport_ready boolean variable in it, and .teleport_state int variable (could be boolean too). When item is teleported, .teleport_ready flag drops, when item leaves portal volume (because of water, for example) - .teleport_state indicates it and .teleport_ready flag is up again. So you could even send items between teleports continiously using pistons as flood gates!Big Grin

As for unloaded chunk: yeah, that could be a big issue...
Thanks given by:
This is supposing that the server doesn't stop / restart for maintenanceTongue
Thanks given by:
Well, we could always store .teleport_ready, could we?)
Thanks given by:
This plugin does not want to work with the latest release.

Or am I not installing it correctly.
Thanks given by:
fixed it. didn't test it though

Attached Files
.zip   Portal.zip (Size: 3.64 KB / Downloads: 281)
Thanks given by:
No prob.

Ill test on my server.
Thanks given by:
Does not quite work.

/pwarp works. It created the 2 files.

I select the wooden sword and type /penter warp and /penter seems to be not recognized.
Thanks given by:
i fixed it..

Attached Files
.zip   Portal.zip (Size: 3.65 KB / Downloads: 264)
Thanks given by: